Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Review and Dupe!


Ahhh it seems like too long since I sat down to write a beauty post! I don't like writing repetitions of what's already out there, however results from a Twitter poll suggested that people wanted to see a review of Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish! To make it a little different, I've added a dupe in here too!

How well does it remove makeup?
So I tend to first of all use a Micellar Water just to get rid of the majority of my makeup, especially mascara. I'm not too careful with this however, and tend to leave behind quite a bit of makeup, just getting off the most of it and starting to break it down. I do this simply because the muslin cloth would get dirty very quickly if I only used that. I then use Cleanse & Polish to take my makeup off and I feel like it doesn't leave any traces. I am exceedingly lazy with my skincare routine, and these are the only two steps I do before moisturising, and I don't get breakouts or anything, so I feel it does a very good job.

Does it have a smell?
Yes, it does. It has a very subtle scent, which I think might be a combination of the eucalyptus, rosemary and chamomile. It isn't overpowering and I love it, and find it very refreshing.

What's the consistency like?
It's a very thick, creamy formula which applies to dry skin easily. It's thicker than a moisturiser but it's easy to rub into your face.

How long does it last?
I've only had mine for a few months but it's still going strong! I tend to use one or two pumps every time I use it, which isn't really a lot at all. I would say that it's very good value for money since some of the cheaper cleansers use up very quickly and aren't as effective.

Does it sting / irritate the skin?
I haven't had any problems with it at all, but I'm not sensitive to a lot of things so I can't comment on this! It's quite a soothing formula to me so I can't imagine it would cause many problems. Do write down in the comments if you've have problems with it or not so that other people can read them and get more opinions!

Does it remove waterproof mascara?
It removes honestly everything I've tried it on. But like I said, I used a cleansing water prior, which breaks it all down a little before using it. I have tried using only the Cleanse & Polish, and I found it a little more difficult because the muslin cloth got dirty quite quickly.


Onto the dupe!
The dupe I'm gonna talk to you about today is the Bee Good Honey & Propolis 2-in-1 Cream Cleanser, which I actually used before the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, and I absolutely adored it! I thought it was the best cleanser I'd ever tried! In the image above, the Liz Earle is on the left, and Bee Good on the right - you can see that the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is a little thicker in consistency.

Both products come with muslin cloths. Mine came with a tiny one because it's a small size which I received at a blogger event. Both products are similar in terms of smell, but the Bee Good one has a stronger smell. They are definitely not the same smell, but they're both refreshing. I'd say the Bee Good Cream Cleanser has a slightly 'warmer' smell, if that makes sense.

To be honest, they both seem almost exactly the same to me. Both are thick cream cleansers and both remove makeup just as effectively! Perhaps I'd swing sightly towards the Liz Earle since it's a bit thicker, but there isn't much difference.

This retails at £11.50 per 100ml, in comparison to Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish which retails at £15.50 per 100ml (that is, both including a muslin cloth).


So, all in all, I love both products and would recommend them both! I would say that if you want to save a couple of pounds, go for the Bee Good Cream Cleanser, since it's almost exactly the same and the Bee Good cleanser has won awards so other people must think it's great too!

I hope you enjoyed today's post! Head on down to my Twitter for tweets & updates (also if you just fancy a chat), and subscribe to my YouTube channel for beauty videos & a lot of gaming content (I'm almost at 200 subs so would really appreciate that!).

Comments

  1. thanks for share this article
    Free Earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cheaper than it's competitors but still too pricy for me!

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts