Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette Review


I can't remember ever being as excited for a product to be released as I was for this. Possibly for years, I've wanted the Sigma brush cleaning mat, but at £32.00, I couldn't justify buying it when I could just use my hands at little extra cost. When I found out that Real Techniques would be releasing their own take on it for just £12.99, I pretty much had to get it.

For me, cleaning my brushes is a real chore. I tend to put it off, and by the time I finally come to do it, my foundation brush is completely packed full of product and it takes a good 15 minutes just to clean one brush. I don't spot clean either, I just give them a good thorough wash about every two weeks (I know that's bad, but I'm lazy and it's the truth). This cute little palette aims to make that easier with a design to comfortably fit on your hand and a multi-textured surface to cleanse the brushes deeply.

The palette claims to help sweep away makeup, oil and impurities from bristles to give you truer, more consistent colour application. All you need to do is pop a bit of your brush cleanser of choice onto the palette, add some warm water, and swirl your brush through it until the brush is clean. You can also rest your brushes on the tool to air dry your brushes.


As you can see, it fits well on the hand, and it's very comfortable and doesn't slip off or anything. It also has three different textured surfaces - one for big brushes, one for medium, and one for small. I tested the product out on the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which I use for foundation, and found the texture in the middle to be the most useful for that, but I did make use of all three surfaces.

I found that, because it's made of silicone, it sort of helps the makeup come off more easily than if you were to do it on your palm. It's more 'sticky' than your hand, if that makes sense. but in a good way. It also really stops the pain / discomfort of constantly rubbing wet makeup brushes into your palm for an hour. So it was already a good product in my books just from the first instance I put my brush onto it.

I used a little baby shampoo and some warm water, and swirled my brush across it until clean. It took about a minute, or a little more, to get the brush completely clean. And it's completely clean, it doesn't just look it on the outside but have a little left on the inside, deep in the bristles. I'm so impressed. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the brush actually seems a little softer and shinier than it does normally. Maybe that's just because it got such a thorough cleaning.


I only tested it out on the one brush since I'd only recently washed them, so I didn't test out the cleansing gel, which you get as a sample. I can't wait to use it on the rest of my brushes though. I've never been excited to wash my brushes before now!

Would I recommend this product? Definitely! I would say that anybody with a lot of makeup brushes actually needs this in their life. It will save a lot of time, and a lot of water since it won't take as much to clean them as it would using just your palm. It's quicker, more comfortable, and more effective. 100% recommend. If you've got the money, go buy it now. Right. Now.

Have you tried the palette yet? Let me know in the comments! Be sure to tweet me your thoughts too, and check out my Instagram for more pictures!


Comments

  1. I NEED this in my life right now! How handy and cool is it?! I must go and get this ASAP!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It literally is incredible & you do NEED it haha!! x

      Delete
  2. oh I never knew about this, I am definitely going to pick one up!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I introduced you to it then! I looove it so far x

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely! I can't wait to try it!


    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for a product like this to be made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad you posted this, i need to give my brushes a wash so bad! have you seen people do this on a rubber kitchen mit with the same kind of surface bumps? i might give that a try too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading all of your comments and replying to them. Feel free to leave a link to your blog at the end, but don't just reply so you can leave a link. Any comments about giveaways etc on your blog will be ignored, sorry! <3

Popular Posts